Not only is the scent of this citrus delicious and refreshing, but this fruit is also very practical for everyday hacks. Indeed, this citrus can help you clean your house, and give you some beauty routine help. It is also a great addition to many recipes. We propose that you discover more than 26 different things you can do with a lemon. After reading this article, you will never want to be without this bright citrus fruit!
26. Deodorize your garbage
Keep your lemon rinds and put them under your garbage bag, in the can. The rinds will capture the bad odors. Do this once a week to keep your kitchen smelling good.
25. Refresh your room
Bedrooms can sometimes smell a bit stuffy and musty. To deodorize this room in your house, all you have to do is:
- Take a lemon.
- Cut it in 4.
- Place it in a bowl.
- Leave the bowl in your room all night.
You will be amazed by the results!
24. Deodorize your kitchen
Add a nice and natural perfume to your kitchen with these simple steps:
- Cut a lemon into quarters.
- Sprinkle the exposed flesh of the lemon quarters with some sea salt or Himalaya salt and place the lemons anywhere in your kitchen.
It’s the lemon and the salt that will absorb the unwanted odors from your kitchen. Both of these products will kill aerial viruses and bacterias as well as leaving a nice, clean scent!
23. Disinfect your house
Don’t waste your money on chemical cleaning products:
- Mix the juice of 3 lemons with 2 tablespoons of Castille soap and half a teaspoon of sea salt in a bottle.
- Add water to fill up the bottle and shake well.
- Use it anywhere you like to kill germs and to keep your house clean.
22. Get rid of age spots
To get rid of age spots, add some lemon juice on your spots and leave it there for 15 minutes. Rince it off. Don’t do this treatment more than once a week, or else your skin will get very dry.
21. Stay young and healthy
To fight against free radicals that cause wrinkles and to protect your healthy cells, drink water with lemon slices.
20. Wash your face
Wash your face with lemon juice. Why? This will give you a glowing complexion and get rid of blackheads.
19. Say goodbye to dandruff
Once a week, put 2 teaspoons of lemon juice on your hair and massage your scalp. You can finally say farewell to dandruff!
18. Get fresh breath
Once a week (don’t abuse of this hack or else you risk affecting your teeth enamel), rinse your mouth with lemon juice. This will prevent gum-bleeding and will also reduce toothaches. You will also have citrusy fresh breath. Lemons help fight against bacteria responsible for bad breath. Isn’t that fantastic?
17. Whiten your nails
Are your nails more yellow than white? Here is how to whiten them:
- Squeeze half a lemon into a bowl of hot water.
- Soak your nails in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Scrub your nails with the zest of the lemon to whiten your nails and to make them stronger.
16. Clean your wooden cutting board
Lemons are a powerful disinfectant. You can use it to clean your cutting board. Cut a lemon in half, and use the smooth part to clean the cutting board.
15. Clean your fruits and vegetables
Rid yourself of pesticides that are on your fruits and veggies by cleaning them with lemon juice. Spray them with a mixture of water and one tablespoon lemon juice.
14. Get rid of bad smells in your fridge
To get rid of bad smells from your fridge, soak a sponge with lemon juice and leave it in your fridge for a few hours. Before you do this hack, make sure you clean your fridge.
13. Descale your faucets
Scrub half a lemon on the faucets in your house. The marks will disappear immediately. You can also do this hack on your shower panels or your sinks.
12. Eliminate tough stains on your marble countertops
Take half a lemon and dip it in salt. Scrub it against the tough stains. Wait a few months before doing this hack again, so to not damage the marble.
11. Get rid of berry stains on your hands
Wash your hands that are full of berry stains with lemon juice. Wait 2-3 minutes then rinse your hands with lukewarm water and soap. Do this a few times.
10. Get rid of mold stains on your clothes
Mix lemon juice with some salt to form a paste. Scrub the mixture on the mold stain and let it dry naturally. Do this a few times.
9. Start a fire
It might be hard to imagine, but it is possible to start a fire with a lemon, copper clips, zinc nails, some wire, and steel wool.
- Put the copper clips in the fruit.
- Add the zinc nails.
- Interconnect the copper to the nails in diagonal.
Fix an isolated wire to the copper clip and zinc nail available.
Touch the two wires on a piece of steel wool to create a short-circuit. The steel wool will create heat.
8. Add a nice fragrance to your dehumidifier
Add 3 to 4 teaspoons of lemon juice in water of your dehumidifier. The scent will give a nice smell to your dehumidifier. Do this a few times a week.
7. Deodorize your armpits
Wash your armpits and then add some baking soda mixed with lemon juice to give them a natural cleaning. These ingredients are very effective against bad odors.
6. Preserve the colour of your fruits
Squirt a bit of lemon juice on your fruits.
5. Clean your microwave
Peel the skin of a lemon and place it in a bowl. Put the bowl in the microwave and heat it up for 5 minutes. Take out the bowl and take a washcloth soaked in the lemon and get rid of all the dirt in your microwave.
4. Strengthen your nails
Fill a bowl with water, a lemon slice and a bit of lemon juice. Soak your nails in the bowl for a few minutes to strengthen your nails.
3. Place a lemon on your heel
Is the skin on the heels of your feet dry and cracked? You can fix this problem with a lemon. Here is what to do:
- Before going to bed cut a lemon in half and squeeze out the juice in a bowl.
- Place the lemon halves on both your heels and cover your feet with socks before going to bed.
- Your heels will be softer the next day.
- Repeat this trick every 2-3 days for the best results.
2. Keep your guacamole green
You made guacamole for dinner and you want to bring some for your lunch the next day? Add a few drops of lemon to your dish to retain the vivid green color. You can also use this hack to prevent your apple slices from browning.
1. Get smooth and soft elbows
It’s inevitable, we have all had very dry elbow skin. Here is the secret recipe to getting soft and smooth joints: mix lemon juice with baking soda and apply the mixture on your elbows. Rince them with water mixed with lemon and finish by massaging your elbows with olive oil. Dry them with a soft cloth.