Everyone knows that dogs and mailmen have a rather difficult relationship, but we rarely consider what our other pets think of postal workers. Levi Davis, a postman in the small town of Taranaki, New Zealand, learned this in a surprising way. Dedicated to his work, Davis always delivered his letters and parcels without fail. It was his duty, after all! Every day, when he arrived in front of a certain house, he found himself face to face with a special visitor who had a rather unusual request…
1. Levi Davis had been a postman for a long time.
Like many of his colleagues, he had his share of strange stories while working on his itinerary. Few, however, left him speechless.
2. It is no secret that cats and dogs are not the biggest fans of strangers staring at the front doors.
Virtually anyone approaching a pet’s territory can put it on alert.
3. Levi was familiar with people’s pets as he walked along his daily route.
In fact, according to him, one of the benefits of his job was to meet a lovely animal on his way.
4. Even when the animals were not friendly, he didn’t mind.
Whether they barked or whistled at him, he knew that these animals came with the territory they were protecting!
5. There was, however, a stop on his way that he was looking forward to every day.
In this particular house, a local cat was waiting for him. The question, however, was whether he was friendly or whether he would tear poor Levi to shreds.
6. Every day, when Levi arrived in this part of Taranaki, this cat would run outside and head straight for him.
The first time it happened, Levi didn’t know what to expect. He didn’t know why the cat was acting like that. Was he angry?
7. Very quickly, Levi went into a state of alert, preparing to receive a few scratches.
Fortunately, he quickly discovered that he had nothing to fear. Every time this cat approached him, he had a very specific request…
8. Levi was very surprised by this cat.
Levi couldn’t believe his eyes when he realized what the kitten wanted: no matter what the weather or the day of the week, this cat would come to see him without fail to get some attention.
9. The cat, which Levi later learned, was called Tortie, and began to greet him in this way from the first day of Levi’s itinerary.
It was as if the cat knew exactly when Levi was due to arrive!
10. Of course, whenever he anticipated that his friend was on his way, the cat would rush outside to say hello!
Under any circumstances, Tortie could never get enough of Levi, and it showed. But that’s not all…
11. Tortie was following Levi.
Every day, after Tortie rushed to greet Levi on his bicycle, he would rush to the nearby fence, making sure Levi followed him. Don’t worry: it was all part of the routine…..
12. Once Levi arrived at the fence, Tortie quickly climbed up on the roof until the postman caught up with him.
You see, these two had developed a system special enough to hang out together.
13. This is how Levie and Tortie did it.
To do this, Levi would set up on his bike, then Tortie would jump off the fence and jump into the basket at the front of Levi’s bike!
14. Perched on a pile of letters and packages, Tortie patiently waited for his best friend to treat him like a king!
It was clear that Levi had the magic touch when it came to this cat.
15. All the while, Tortie would be purring just to tell Levi how much he loved hanging out with him.
It was almost as if Tortie was cheating on his own owners every day! Imagine the scandal if these two got caught cuddling each other?
16. Tortie would sit in Levi’s mailbox as long as the postman allowed him to, even though he knew he would be back the next day to do the same thing.
He loved seeing Levi every day.
17. Levi could not deny that he too loved the daily interaction with this sweet cat.
And to think he thought a cat like Tortie wanted to attack or scratch him!
18. Although their relationship may not have extended beyond Levi’s postal route, it did not make her any less unique.
Fortunately, Levi didn’t have to worry about facing the anger of a much larger animal…
19. Does this story surprise you to the point that you doubt its veracity?
Look how this kitten reacted when he realized that his best friend was stopping delivering the mail… What a cute kitten! He is just as dedicated to being cuddled every day as Levi is to having all his letters and parcels delivered.