Your freezer should not only be used to store discounted meat you’ve bought or that lasagna you made that could feed a small army. You can use your freezer to fix common and small problems or just to make your life easier: you can make candles last longer and disinfect your lipstick. Here are 20 tips and tricks that you can do with your freezer.
20. Have you bought old wooden objects?
Place your wooden object in an airtight bag, then put it in the freezer for a few weeks. This trick will help kill all the insects (for example, worms and larvae) hidden inside.
19. Disinfect your wooden utensils
All you have to do is place them in the freezer for 2 days.
18. Fill jugs or bottles with water and place them in the freezer
By filling the empty spaces in your freezer, you will increase its effectiveness.
17. Thinking of making whipped cream?
Place your mixing bowl and your whisk in your freezer prior to making your whipped cream. Your whipped cream will be fluffy and perfect with this trick.
16. To be less hot at night, fill a sock with rice and place it in the freezer
Once you go to bed, place the frozen sock between your sheets. It will instantly cool your bed.
15. Put your plastic wrap in your freezer
It will be much easier to unroll and to use afterwards.
14. Dry seasonal seeds and put them in an airtight bag
You can freeze them and then plant them next summer.
13. Protect your wool or angora sweater
Place your wool or angora sweater in the freezer so it doesn’t shed.
12. Increase the lifespan of your candles
Place your candles for a few hours in the freezer before using them. They will last longer this way.
11. Stretch shoes that are too small for you
You get cramps every time you wear a certain pair of shoes? Fill a plastic bag halfway with water, put the bag in a bigger bag, then place it in the freezer for the night.
10. Remove odors from your pants
To remove bad odors stuck in your pants, place them in a plastic bag and leave them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
9. Eliminate dust mites in stuffed animals
To get rid of dust mites without using water, place your kids’ stuffed animals in a plastic bag and leave it in the freezer for 48 hours.
8. Check if you lost electricity while you were away
Place a iced glass of water upside down in your freezer before you leave for a couple of days. If, when you come back, the glass is empty, it means you lost electricity for a long period of time and that you should throw away all the contents of your freezer.
7. Kill bacteria on your lipstick
To disinfect your lipstick, put it in the freezer during the night. Use it after it has been out of the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
6. Increase the life expentancy of your stockings
To make your stockings last, soak them in water, place them in a plastic bag and then leave them in the freezer.
5. Make your own ice packs
Soak a sponge in water, put it in a plastic bag, and then in the freezer.
4. Pour aloe vera gel in a ice cube tray
You can use your frozen aloe vera cubes whenever you or your kids suffer from a sunburn, a burn, or a mosquito bite.
3. Place some spoons in the freezer
It’s a fast and efficient way of eliminating pesky under eye bags.
2. Put yogurt in your freezer
Put a spoon in the yogourt before placing it in the freezer. Your children will love this frozen and healthy snack!
1. Are you clothes always full of static?
Put your clothes in a plastic bag, then place them in the freezer for a few hours.
- Guide Astuces
- Astuces de Grand-Mère